Carrot cake pancakes
Great for grab-and-go during the week, or a lazy breakfast on the weekend, these pancakes are a sweetly-spiced way to start the day.
- 2 Weet-Bix™ Cholesterol Lowering wheat biscuits, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup wholemeal or spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbs chopped unsalted walnuts, pecans, or sunflower seeds, divided
- 1 large carrot, finely grated (approx. 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup So Good™ Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs low fat Greek yoghurt
- 3 - 4 strawberries, sliced
- To a large bowl add the crushed Weet-Bix, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and half the nuts/seeds, stir to combine.
- Add grated carrot, egg, So Good almond milk, sugar, and oil. Stir well.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium and spray lightly with oil. Using a 1/2 cup measure, scoop batter onto pan and gently flatten tops of pancakes. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes until golden. Flip and cook a further 2 - 4 minutes.
- Serve pancakes with yoghurt, berries, and the remaining nuts.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)12.7
Plant sterols (g)2