Breakfast parfait is a fresh and delicious way to kick off the morning. High in fibre and iron, it's a nutritious start to any celebration day.
- 2 to 3 cups fresh seasonal fruit, chopped (try a selection of: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwifruit, pineapple, apricots, and peaches)
- 8 Weet-Bix
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups natural yoghurt
- 1 cup soy or dairy milk, approximately
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Place a third of the chopped fruit in the base of each of 4 large glasses or parfait dishes.
- Roughly break a Weet-Bix over the fruit in each glass – doesn’t have to be perfect. Top with a layer of sliced banana then a layer of natural yoghurt.
- Keep going and repeat layers. Top with the remaining chopped fruit.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Drizzle milkover as desired.
- Chill the glass or bowl for just 10 minutes in your freezer before adding the ingredients, it’ll keep your parfait cold for longer.
- Serve with a small jug of milk on the side, to add as required.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)4.7