Gluten free apple and berry crumble
Apple and berry crumble is a classic dessert for the whole family. And it’s now gluten free!
Skill = Easy
- 800g can pie apple
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 4 Gluten Free Weet-Bix, lightly crushed
- 50g quinoa flakes (toasted in oven 140°/10 min)
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs macadamia nut oil or rice bran oil
- Combine apples and berries and place in a casserole dish.
- Combine crumble ingredients and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with low-fat ice cream or custard.
- Macadamia nuts are available all year round. When choosing, it's best to purchase nuts in an air-tight package.To ensure optimum freshness, store macadamias in an air-tight container, in a cool, dry place.
- Remember to always check the label of each ingredient to ensure it is gluten free.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: