Orange nut biscotti
Orange nut biscotti are perfect for a tasty morning or afternoon tea.
- 2 Weet-Bix biscuits, crushed
- 1 ½ cups plain white flour
- ½ cup plain wholemeal flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 1 cup whole raw hazelnuts or nuts of your choice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- juice and rind of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, orange juice and rind. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir to form a dough.
- Turn dough on to a floured surface, divide in two and shape into two logs. Place logs on a greased and floured tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow logs to cool completely. Cut into thin slices. Spread in a single layer on a baking tray and bake in a slow oven, 150°C for 10 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Use any seed, nut and citrus combination of your choice, e.g. lime and macadamia.
- Lime or lemon juice works just as well as orange.
Saturated Fat (g)0.2
Dietary Fibre (g)1.2