Caramel banana porridge
Nourishing and a little bit indulgent, this sweet treat is surprisingly simple to make!
- 4 Weet-Bix™, crushed
- 2 cups So Good™ Almond Milk Unsweetened, or milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tbs brown sugar, divided
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp margarine
- Combine Weet-Bix, almond milk, 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan and stir well. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small pan or skillet, stir remaining 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, water and vanilla over medium heat. Bring mixture to a gentle simmer and cook for 1–2 minutes until thickened and reduced.
- Stir margarine into caramel and immediately remove from heat. Add sliced bananas to pan and stir to coat.
- Serve porridge topped with banana and caramel sauce.
- For a thicker porridge, use 3/4 cup milk initially and add more if necessary.
- Watch the caramel closely while cooking – you don’t want it to burn!
Saturated Fat (g)0.9
Dietary Fibre (g)6.2