Cinnamon spice cookies
A good biscuit is a staple of any recipe collection and Cinnamon spice cookies certainly hit the spot. These cookies are sure to become a lunchbox favourite or after school treat for the kids.
- 125g margarine
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup self-raising white flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 4 Weet-Bix, crushed
- Place margarine and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Stir through dates and walnuts. Add sifted flour and spices. Mix well.
- Form spoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll in crushed Weet-Bix. Place on lightly greased oven trays and press down with a fork.
- Bake in a moderate oven. 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you like chewier cookies try cooking these for only 15 minutes instead of 20 minutes.
Saturated Fat (g)4
Dietary Fibre (g)2.9