Crispy Weet-Bix veggie balls
These delicious flavour bombs are a great way to disguise veggies for those fussy eaters. The Weet-Bix adds additional iron and fibre and give the balls a super crunchy coating.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 zucchini, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Weet-Bix, finely crushed
- 2 tbsp oil
- Place sweet potato, carrot, zucchini, onion, cheese, garlic, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Form mixture into balls then roll in flour, then egg and then Weet-Bix crumbs. Repeat process.
- Heat oil in frypan and cook balls until golden and crisp on all sides.
- Serve with favourite dipping sauce. Makes 8 balls.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)2.2