Crunchy brekkie muesli
A nourishing muesli mix is a great pantry staple to make mornings run more smoothly. Try this delicious muesli with 8g of protein and 10.5g of fibre in each bowl.
- 6 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, lightly crushed
- 1 cup seed mix (we like pepitas, sunflower and chia seeds)
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup diced fresh fruit
- 1/2 cup unsweetened low fat yoghurt, or reduced fat milk
- Combine all muesli ingredients (Weet-Bix wheat biscuits through cinnamon) in a large storage jar and shake well.
- To serve, scoop 3/4 cup muesli into a bowl, top with fresh fruit and yoghurt or milk.
- Apricots can be substituted with another dried fruit, such as chopped dates, figs, sultanas, or cranberries.
- For extra crunch seeds can be substituted with chopped, unsalted, raw nuts.
- Muesli can be lightly toasted, spread over a tray, and baked in the oven for 6 minutes at 180°C, for extra crunch. Cool before storing.
Saturated Fat (g)5
Dietary Fibre (g)10.5