Gingerbread granola clusters
Your little elves will love tucking into this merry twist on Weet-Bix™ granola.
- 4 Weet-Bix™, crushed
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Mix crushed Weet-Bix™, nuts, seeds and dried fruit in a large bowl.
- In a jug combine oil, syrup, salt, and spices. Whisk with a fork, then pour over dry ingredients and stir, stir, stir until everything is coated. Tip mixture onto a baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake 10 mins. Carefully stir with a spatula to move edges into centre and centre out to edges. Return to oven for another 10 mins, then stir again, and bake a further 5–10 minutes until evenly toasted and golden.
- Remove pan from oven, press mixture down with your spatula to compress (this helps form clusters instead of loose granola) and allow to cool completely on tray. Granola will crisp as it cools. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Nuts can be replaced with an equal quantity of sunflower seeds.
- Cranberries can be replaced with another dried fruit of your choice.
Saturated Fat (g)2.7
Dietary Fibre (g)3.0