Gluten free crunchy french toast
Give your weekend French Toast an extra crunch-factor with the goodness of Weet-Bix!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup So Good™ Soy Milk or Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Gluten Free Coconut & Cinnamon Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 4 slices gluten free bread
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 ½ cups low fat, natural or dairy-free yoghurt
- maple syrup or honey, optional
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs with soy milk, and cinnamon. Place crushed Weet-Bix into a separate shallow dish.
- Cut slices of bread in half on the diagonal. Working with one triangle at a time, quickly dip bread in egg mixture then dredge both sides in Weet-Bix.
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium and coat lightly with oil spray. Place dredged bread slices onto the skillet and gently press down.
- Cook 2 - 3 mins until crisp and brown. Spray uncooked side with a bit more oil, flip, and cook a further 2 mins. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Serve crunchy French toast warm, with fresh fruit, yoghurt, and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey (if using).
Saturated Fat (g)4
Dietary Fibre (g)11.3