Olive oil flatbread wraps
These flatbreads can be served cut into wedges with hummus, tzatziki or other dip, or made into wraps with your favourite salad ingredients and dressings.
- 4 Sanitarium Weet-Bix™ finely crushed
- 3 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 350ml warm water
- ¼ cup olive oil, for cooking
- Combine Weet Bix™, flour and salt in a bowl. Separately, combine the olive oil and water.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour the water and oil in, gradually bringing the flour in from the sides. When the flour is all incorporated, you should have a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for at least 5 minutes on a floured surface, until stretchy. If the dough is too sticky, add small amounts more flour.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 mins. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll out on a floured surface as thinly as you can.
- Heat a generous splash of olive oil in a large frypan over medium to high heat. When the oil is hot, place one piece of flatbread in the base. It will immediately start to bubble up. When the edges are starting to look golden and the bread is becoming less floury looking around the edges (about 40 second to 1 minute), flip the bread carefully with a spatula.
- Cook for a further 40 seconds to a minute and remove to a piece of paper towel.
- Kneading can also be achieved by putting the ingredients into the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, and set it to a low speed to knead for 5 minutes.
- These flatbreads can be served cut into wedges with hummus, tzatziki or other dip, or made into wraps with your favourite salad ingredients and dressings.
Saturated Fat (g)3.4
Dietary Fibre (g)3.2