Quinoa & pear breakfast bowl
The goodness of quinoa and seasonal pears make this one-pot breakfast perfect for cold mornings.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups So Good™ Almond Milk Unsweetened, or milk of choice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 8 prunes, pitted and chopped
- 4 pears, cored and diced
- 4 Weet-Bix™, crushed
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Place quinoa, almond milk, water, cinnamon, lemon zest, and prunes into a large pot and stir to combine. Add pears but do not stir again.
- Bring mixture to the boil, cover and immediately reduce heat to very low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir to combine all ingredients. Mix through Weet-Bix and pistachios.
- Divide quinoa porridge into bowls and serve hot.
- Porridge can be served with a drizzle of honey and a dollop of unsweetened yoghurt if you wish.
- We kept the skin on our pears but you can peel before cooking if preferred.
Saturated Fat (g)1.1
Dietary Fibre (g)9.1