If you’re keen to get Santa to your house, it’s time for reindeer food!
- 8 Sanitarium Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons glitter*
- Whole Sanitarium Weet-Bix decorated with icing for stepping stones (optional)
* We used edible glitter available from specialty shops, which means people can eat it too! If it won’t be eaten, reindeer are happy with regular glitter instead.
- Combine the Weet-Bix, sunflower seeds and raisins in a bowl. Sprinkle over the sparkly glitter and mix it up to combine.
- Package into small cellophane or zip lock bags, so they stay nice and fresh. You may want to label them too so you make sure Santa knows what’s what!
- Give away the extra bags to friends and family to help Santa find his way.
- Sprinkle the mixture in the yard on Christmas Eve – the sparkle of the reindeer food in the moonlight will light the way for Santa and his sleigh. The reindeer will be rewarded with a tasty snack after all their hard work!
- While you’re mixing the ingredients, make a Christmas wish! It’s just like blowing out candles on a birthday cake.
Saturated Fat (g)0.4
Dietary Fibre (g)1.6