Sweet potato rosti
Make these golden rostis for a lazy weekend breakfast, or prep them in advance for lunch on the go!
- 2 Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 250g sweet potato, coarsely grated (2 cups / 1 small sweet potato)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- 4 poached eggs
- 2 small or 1 large avocado
- Place the Weet-Bix, sweet potato, eggs, flour, spring onion, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions (1/2 cup each) for large fritters, or 8 (1/4 cup each) for small fritters, and form into rough patties with clean hands.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the patties and press firmly with a metal spatula to flatten.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden, flip and cook a further 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve with poached eggs and avocado.
- Add a handful of baby spinach or a dollop of tomato relish when serving, if you wish.
- There’s no need to peel your sweet potato before grating, but make sure to give it a good scrub under running water.
Saturated Fat (g)4
Dietary Fibre (g)3.9