Weet-Bix roll up pancakes
Weet-Bix roll up pancakes are a fun way to deliver a source of fibre – served with a twist the kids will love. They can even help make them!
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Weet-Bix
- 2 small whole eggs
- 200ml reduced fat milk or milk alternative
- 100ml water
- rice bran oil for frying
- 3 banana
- 6 plums (fresh or stewed)
- 6 tbsp low fat yoghurt to serve
- Sift the flour and combine with salt, brown sugar and finely crushed Weet-Bix.
- Slowly add eggs until mixture is well combined. Add the milk, small amounts at a time, and mix until smooth.
- Finally add the water to the desired thickness.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a 25 cm non-stick fry pan and pour in 60 mls (¼ cup) of pancake mix. Ensure you move the pan around until the mixture fills the bottom.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes, until lightly brown and then flip and repeat.
- Roll banana in pancake, cut into lengths and top with plums and yoghurt.
Weet-Bix roll up pancakes aren’t just great for breakfast - pack them in the lunch box to put fuel in your tank during the day.
Saturated Fat (g)2.0
Dietary Fibre (g)4.7