Weet-Bix sultana pikelets
Kids will love these Weet-Bix sultana pikelets.
- 2 Sanitarium Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine the flour, Weet Bix™ and sultanas in a medium bowl.
- Lightly beat the egg in a small bowl and add the milk and honey.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients, stirring well. Make sure there are no lumps, then cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan or chef pan over medium heat and add a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan – about 4 pikelets at a time. Cook until the edges of the pikelets start to turn golden.Turn, and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Set aside on paper towel to cool
- These pikelets are delicious served with a dollop of yoghurt and some berries, or with peanut butter and drizzle of honey.
Saturated Fat (g)1.2
Dietary Fibre (g)1.1