Weet-Bix waffles with fresh fruit
Waffles are a clever and delicious way to enjoy Weet-Bix™.
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 3 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits, crumbled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups So Good™ Almond Milk
- 3 tbsp margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp apple sauce or pureed apple
- To serve - fresh berries, sliced fruit, yoghurt, maple syrup
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon (if using) and crumbled Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together with the almond milk, margarine and apple sauce.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well until free of large lumps.
- Spoon batter into waffle maker - just to the rim, close, and cook according to settings on your waffle maker. Waffles should be firm with a slightly crunchy exterior and soft interior.
- Serve warm with fresh berries, fruit, yoghurt and maple syrup if desired.
- These waffles can be made gluten free by using Gluten Free Weet-Bix™, substituting buckwheat flour or gluten free plain flour for plain flour, and using gluten-free baking powder.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)2.7